After a surprise 5 inches of snowfall throughout the day yesterday, we now have the absolute best ski conditions of the season. Groomers Mike and Bob worked tirelessly yesterday to manage the snow, rolling the fresh powder, Ginzu snow combing, and setting tracks throughout the day. Bob snow combed all the trails and rolled in tracks last night, which allowed for the snow on the trails to firm up overnight. Groomer Butch will snow comb all the skating lanes again this morning. All trails – even Tall Pines! – are in excellent condition for skating and classic skiing. It’s an absolutely perfect Pure Michigan day to cross country ski!
Today: A mix of clouds and sun. A few flurries are possible. High 18F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Mainly clear. Low near 0F. Winds light and variable.
Tomorrow: Overcast. High 28F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Today’s Stone Turtle Cafe lunch special is the Oh No You Didn’t panini: Ham, bacon, pepperoni, provolone, banana peppers, black olives, pesto, and marinara on a Ciabatta Bun. Served with Great Lakes kettle cooked potato chips and a dill pickle spear. Oh yes we did.
Time to demo some skis! Conditions like these are just perfect for a well-waxed waxable classic ski like the Fischer Superlite Wax. Their lightweight, easy kick, and great glide will have you wondering why you waited so long to try these high performance recreational/fitness skis. We’ll camber test you, mark your wax pocket, and get ’em all waxed up for you – just show up and give them a try!
See you on the trails!
– Mariah, Stu, Bob, Lynne, Fran, Matt, Kelsey, Alex, Dodge, Kim, Missy, Annie J., Annie B., Denny, Erin, Mike, Dana, Butch, Brian and the crew
XC Ski Headquarters On Facebook
Below are the latest postings from the XC Ski Headquarters Page On Facebook.
Latest Snow Reports – Quick Links
- Boyne Mountain Snow Report – 02/19
- Boyne Highlands Snow Report – 02/19
- Shanty Creek Snow Report – 02/19
- Treetops Resort Snow Report – 02/19
- Ski Brule Snow Report – 02/19
- ABR Trails Cross Country Ski Report – 02/18
- Cannonsburg Ski Area Snow Report – 02/18
- The Homestead Snow Report – 02/18
- XC Ski Headquarters Cross Country Ski Report – 02/18
- Hanson Hills Snow Report – 02/18
- Caberfae Peaks Snow Report – 02/18
- Crystal Mountain Cross Country Ski Report – 02/18
- Crystal Mountain Snow Report – 02/18
- Nub’s Nob Ski Area Snow Report – 02/18
- Boyne Mountain Snow Report – 02/18
- Boyne Highlands Snow Report – 02/18
- Shanty Creek Snow Report – 02/18
- Treetops Resort Snow Report – 02/18
- Ski Brule Snow Report – 02/18
- ABR Trails Cross Country Ski Report – 02/17