It snowed throughout the entire day yesterday, bringing our total snowfall since Sunday night to about 2 inches. Groomer Stu snow combed the Trappers Cabin, Mackinaw Cut, Wild Turkey, Rolling Hills, and Adventure trails yesterday, and Mike will do the same this morning. The John Deere sections of trail (Trappers Cabin and part of Rolling Hills) remain in excellent condition. The rest of the Rolling Hills, Adventure, Mackinaw Cut and Wild Turkey are in fair to very good shape, with some great stretches, and also some thin and bare spots. Overall we have some pretty decent spring skiing conditions, including about 2km of fantastic, “mid-winter” snow!
Today: Scattered flurries and snow showers. High 28F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy skies. A few flurries are possible. Low around 15F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow: Considerable clouds early. Some decrease in clouds later in the day. High 38F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Today’s Stone Turtle Yoga lunch special is the Classic Hammy Sammy. Sliced smoked ham, swiss cheese, tomato, and stone ground mustard on a ciabatta bun, grilled to melty perfection. Served with Great Lakes Chips and a pickle!
Shop the March Madness Sale! Great specials on cross country skis and boots, including a large stock of Rossignol Xium Premium S2 skate skis, on closeout for $549 (list $805). Plus up to 40% off this year’s clothing from North Face, Patagonia, Columbia and more!
Ski while there’s snow!
– Mariah, Stu, Bob, Lynne, Fran, Matt, Kelsey, Alex, Dodge, Kim, Missy, Annie J., Annie B., Denny, Erin, Mike, Dana, Butch, Brian and the crew
XC Ski Headquarters On Facebook
Below are the latest postings from the XC Ski Headquarters Page On Facebook.
Latest Snow Reports – Quick Links
- XC Ski Headquarters Cross Country Ski Report – 12/12
- Nub’s Nob Ski Area Snow Report – 12/12
- Boyne Mountain Snow Report – 12/12
- Boyne Highlands Snow Report – 12/12
- Crystal Mountain Snow Report – 12/11 – We will reopen for the season on Friday, December 14!
- Caberfae Peaks Snow Report – 12/11 – Slopes open 7 days a week starting this Friday
- Mackinac Island Cross Country Ski Report – 12/11
- Nub’s Nob Ski Area Snow Report – 12/11
- Boyne Mountain Snow Report – 12/11
- Boyne Highlands Snow Report – 12/11
- Mt. Brighton Snow Report – 12/11
- Alpine Valley Snow Report – 12/11
- Valley Spur Trail System Cross Country Ski Report – 12/11
- Mt. Brighton Snow Report – 12/10
- Caberfae Peaks Snow Report – 12/10 – Slopes will reopen Friday, December 14th
- Crystal Mountain Cross Country Ski Report – 12/10
- Crystal Mountain Snow Report – 12/10 – Crystal Mountain will plan to reopen for the Season on Friday, December 14th!
- Valley Spur Trail System Cross Country Ski Report – 12/10
- Nub’s Nob Ski Area Snow Report – 12/10
- Boyne Mountain Snow Report – 12/10