The ski conditions range from fair to excellent on most of the trail system. We used the remainder of the manmade snow to patch up the thin spots on the Trapper’s Cabin trail yesterday, so the entire John Deere trail is in great shape for skating and classic skiing for today’s race. The rest of the Rolling Hills, Adventure, Mackinaw Cut and Wild Turkey were snow combed yesterday and are in marginal to good shape, with some great stretches, and also some thin and bare spots. Due to the Michigan Cup Relays, all trails will be closed to non-racers from 10:45am to 1:00pm today.
Today: Lots of sunshine. High 36F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear skies early then increasing clouds with some snow showers late. Low around 20F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60%.
Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy skies. A few flurries or snow showers possible. Low 22F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Today is the Michigan Cup Relays!
Join us for one of the most exciting and entertaining ski races in Michigan! This capstone race for the Michigan Cup Race Series features a relay race with 3 skiers per team: 2 legs freestyle, one leg classic; approximately 4km per leg for freestyle and classic. You do not have to be a Michigan Cup racer to participate! If you do not have a team but would still like to ski, we will try to find a team for you. Registration starts at 9:30am, and the race starts at 11:00am.The entry Fee is $20 per racer. All entrees score Team Points.
After the Relays, stick around for the awards ceremony on the sun deck, and feast on house-pulled BBQ pork sandwiches, black bean veggie burgers, vanishing scalloped potatoes, and of course our famous home-baked cookies. This post-race meal* is included in the race registration fee. Each racer will also receive an official 2018 Michigan Cup Relays Pint Glass!
*Non-racers can enjoy the post-race lunch for $10. The Stone Turtle Cafe will be closed for sandwiches during the race lunch, approximately 1pm – 2pm. Chili and beverages are still available – please just pay at the front desk and self-serve.
Don’t forget to shop the March Madness Sale! Up to 40% off this year’s North Face, Patagonia, Columbia and more!
All the best,
– Mariah, Stu, Bob, Lynne, Fran, Matt, Kelsey, Alex, Dodge, Kim, Missy, Annie J., Annie B., Denny, Erin, Mike, Dana, Butch, Brian and the crew9
XC Ski Headquarters On Facebook
Below are the latest postings from the XC Ski Headquarters Page On Facebook.
Latest Snow Reports – Quick Links
- XC Ski Headquarters Cross Country Ski Report – 12/12
- Nub’s Nob Ski Area Snow Report – 12/12
- Boyne Mountain Snow Report – 12/12
- Boyne Highlands Snow Report – 12/12
- Crystal Mountain Snow Report – 12/11 – We will reopen for the season on Friday, December 14!
- Caberfae Peaks Snow Report – 12/11 – Slopes open 7 days a week starting this Friday
- Mackinac Island Cross Country Ski Report – 12/11
- Nub’s Nob Ski Area Snow Report – 12/11
- Boyne Mountain Snow Report – 12/11
- Boyne Highlands Snow Report – 12/11
- Mt. Brighton Snow Report – 12/11
- Alpine Valley Snow Report – 12/11
- Valley Spur Trail System Cross Country Ski Report – 12/11
- Mt. Brighton Snow Report – 12/10
- Caberfae Peaks Snow Report – 12/10 – Slopes will reopen Friday, December 14th
- Crystal Mountain Cross Country Ski Report – 12/10
- Crystal Mountain Snow Report – 12/10 – Crystal Mountain will plan to reopen for the Season on Friday, December 14th!
- Valley Spur Trail System Cross Country Ski Report – 12/10
- Nub’s Nob Ski Area Snow Report – 12/10
- Boyne Mountain Snow Report – 12/10