After the warm temps and rain yesterday, the snowpack on the ski trails experienced a considerable thaw. Thankfully the temps have returned to the mid-teens, and look to stay there for the foreseeable future. Trail doctors Bob, Stu and Mike will be working with the new Snow Spreader today to distribute manmade snow atop the layer of ice that now covers most of the trail surface. With any luck, we will have 1 or 2 trails that are fully skiable for the weekend. In the meantime, the Practice Area is open for ski demos and lessons, as the deep base of manmade snow out there is still holding up well. As for the rest of the trails, they are open for snowshoeing only today as we work to rebuild the base for skiing.
Today: Snow showers this morning. Becoming partly cloudy later. High around 15F. Winds N at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
Tonight: Cloudy. Low 3F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow: Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 13F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Despite the recent weather, there is still plenty of fun to be had this weekend in the Heart of Pure Michigan! Shop our sale on XC ski layering tops, including merino wool from Smartwool, Terramar, and a new favorite for women: Kari Traa! We will also have free equipment demos on the practice area all weekend, so don’t miss this opportunity to test out a new ski package. Snowshoeing is permitted on all trails, and is a fantastic way to enjoy the outdoors even when ski conditions are marginal. Demo or rent snowshoes right here at XC Ski HQ! We will also have a mighty tasty lunch special all weekend… Gourmet Mac n’ Cheese! This Saturday through Monday, we’re serving up homemade cheesy mac featuring do-it-yourself toppings like bacon, feta, tomatoes, breadcrumbs, spinach, plus classics like peas and hot dogs.
A little further north of us in Frederic, Forbush Corner did hold on to more of their base, and will be open and grooming for cross country skiing this weekend. Rest assured that there is skiing and snowshoeing up north this weekend, and a winter adventure awaits you!
All the best,
– Mariah, Stu, Bob, Lynne, Fran, Matt, Kelsey, Alex, Dodge, Kim, Missy, Annie J., Annie B., Denny, Erin, Mike, Dana, Butch, Brian and the crew
XC Ski Headquarters On Facebook
Below are the latest postings from the XC Ski Headquarters Page On Facebook.
Latest Snow Reports – Quick Links
- Hanson Hills Snow Report – 01/21
- XC Ski Headquarters Cross Country Ski Report – 01/21
- Caberfae Peaks Snow Report – 01/21
- Crystal Mountain Cross Country Ski Report – 01/21
- Crystal Mountain Snow Report – 01/21
- Boyne Mountain Snow Report – 01/21
- Boyne Highlands Snow Report – 01/21
- Shanty Creek Snow Report – 01/21
- Treetops Resort Snow Report – 01/21
- Ski Brule Snow Report – 01/21
- Forbush Corner Cross Country Ski Report – 01/21
- ABR Trails Cross Country Ski Report – 01/20
- Caberfae Peaks Snow Report – 01/20
- XC Ski Headquarters Cross Country Ski Report – 01/20
- Crystal Mountain Cross Country Ski Report – 01/20
- Crystal Mountain Snow Report – 01/20
- Boyne Mountain Snow Report – 01/20
- Boyne Highlands Snow Report – 01/20
- Hanson Hills Snow Report – 01/20
- Nub’s Nob Ski Area Snow Report – 01/20